Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation (TDN) will build 21 homes in a new development, Dat-naa-svt, in Smith River, CA. TDN will manage all operations of the development and serve as sponsor, primary management agent, and developer.
Dat-naa-svt includes 20 tax credit units, one manager’s unit and community facility. The development will include two one-bedroom units, six two-bedroom units, seven three-bedroom units, and six four-bedroom units.
The design and layout will feature four clusters composed of four to six single-family units all positioned around an open green space. Each of the four green spaces will accommodate recreational amenities including traditional play structures and nature-based play structures.
The open design of the units and site layout actively encourages tenant engagement and is reflective of the TDN’s cultural and historical traditions.
Hunt Capital Partners is the development investor.
- Native Organization: Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2018
- Date Completed:
- Development Type: New Construction
- Project Status: Under Construction
- Total Homes: 21
- Total Project Cost: $12,941,133
- Total Investor Equity: $8,883,678