Working with U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation (USBCDC) as the investor and The Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (NTUA) as leverage lender, Travois New Markets used $6.4 million in allocation to finance the construction of two electrical substations on the Navajo Nation Reservation. The new substations doubled electrical capacity to the Shiprock region without raising residents’ electric rates and brought 400 families, previously without power, onto the grid.
- Native Organization: Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (Navajo Nation)
- Date Closed with Investor: 2009
- Date Completed: 2009
- Development Type: Infrastructure
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Investor Equity: $1,922,160
- Total Project Cost: $6,272,000