The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Reservation built a 68,818-square-foot education facility on its reservation in northeast Oregon.
Approximately 14,000 square feet of the project is dedicated rent-free to the Nixyaawii Community School (NCS), a charter high school of the Pendleton School District.
With this investment, NCS was able to increase enrollment from 75 to 140 students.
The remaining 54,000 square feet will be for:
- early childhood education
- after-school programming
- language classes
- tribal education department administration offices.
Chickasaw Nation Community Development Endeavor provided $5.45 million in New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) allocation.
- Native Organization: Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation Education Department
- Date Closed with Investor: 2019
- Date Completed: 2009
- Development Type: Education
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Investor Equity: $1,900,000
- Total Project Cost: $5,500,000