Red Cliff Rehab #2, developed by the Red Cliff Chippewa Housing Authority, rehabilitated 38 housing units, a mix of duplexes and single-family detached homes.
The project also rehabbed the existing community services facility that houses Red Cliff Chippewa Housing Authority’s offices. Staff and community members now have access to an updated commercial kitchen, community room, meeting space, work rooms and accessible bathrooms. The new space offers a comfortable space to work and gather, and a covered walkway links the facility to the Elder’s Center.
All renovated homes have amenities such as central air conditioning and in-unit washer and dryer appliances. With the renovations, cabinets, kitchen appliances, doors and windows were replaced. Roofs and insulation were also repaired and replaced.
Travois Design provided the architectural designs for the homes and the community center.
Hunt Capital Partners is the project investor.
This project was the second phase of rehabilitation for homes in three neighborhoods on the Red Cliff Reservation: New Housing, Old Housing and Hillside. The first phase, Red Cliff Rehab #1 LIHTC project, was awarded Low Income Housing Tax Credits in 2013.
- RCCHA progressing with community improvements, Red Cliff Rehab #2
- Community facility and offices to be rehabbed with Red Cliff Rehab #2
- Red Cliff Chippewa Housing Authority to rehabilitate second phase of homes on its reservation
- Native Organization: Red Cliff Housing Authority
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2016
- Date Completed: 2019
- Development Type: Rehab
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Homes: 38
- Total Project Cost: $12,432,226
- Total Investor Equity: $8,168,123
- Total Grant Money: $570,000