TERRA 3 is the third phase of a project to extend terrestrial broadband service to remote rural Alaska Native areas. This third $12 million phase connects the area generally surrounding Kotzebue, located on the eastern coast of central Alaska.
This is Travois’ fourth project in Alaska, including its second NMTC investment into TERRA. Like previous phases, the new network will provide broadband to residents, businesses, schools and hospitals and clinics in the region. Construction is expected to be complete at the end of 2013.
- Native Organization: United Utilites Incorporated
- Date Closed with Investor: 2012
- Date Completed:
- Development Type: Infrastructure
- Project Status: Under Construction
- Total Investor Equity: $3,837,600
- Total Project Cost: $12,000,000