The TOKA Homes I project received a 2014 allocation of $590,106 in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHITCs) from the Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH) to acquire and rehabilitate 40 existing single-family homes and construct a new community building on the Tohono O’odham Reservation in Sells, AZ. The project has nine two-bedroom, one bath, 956-square-foot units; 18 three-bedroom, two bath, 1,255-square-foot units; 10 four-bedroom, two bath, 1,352-square-foot units; and three five-bedroom, two bath, 1,427-square-foot units.
Twelve units are targeted to households with annual incomes up to 40 percent of Area Median Household Income (AMI), 16 units are targeted for households up to 50 percent AMI, and 12 units are targeted for households up to 60 percent AMI.
The project’s units are designed to meet Arizona Department of Housing’s (ADOH) mandatory design guidelines and will incorporate several green building techniques.
Travois Design & Construction Services completed a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment for this project.
The Richman Group is the investor for this project.
- Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association receives second LIHTC award for 40-unit project
- Closing 2016 with three more project closings!
- New community space celebrated at Tohono O’odham Nation
- Serena Jose named Haven Professional of the Year
- Introducing our 2016 Travois Superhero Awards winners: Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association (Part 5 of 5)
- Giving thanks for housing heroes
- Great news for TOKA: $900,000 Capital Magnet Fund award!
- TOKA Homes #2 grand opening a great success
- Cactus relocation 101: TOKA Homes #3
- Native Organization: Tohono O'odham Ki:Ki Association
- Asset Management Client
- Environmental Services Client
- Date Closed with Investor: 2015
- Date Completed: 2016
- Development Type: New Contruction/Rehab
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Homes: 40
- Total Project Cost: $7,693,025
- Total Investor Equity: $5,502,188
- Total Grant Money: $400,000