The Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association (TOKA) received an award of $1,005,813 in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs) from the Arizona Department of Housing for its TOKA Homes #3 project.
With an estimated total cost of $9.8 million, the development will build new homes, a community center, playground, barbecue area, and a basketball court, all to be located in the San Xavier District of the Tohono O’odham Nation Reservation in Tucson, AZ.
The 38 units will consist of 14 one- and two-bedroom townhomes and 24 three- and four-bedroom single-family homes. Created by Travois architects, the designs for the new units were inspired by Colonial Barrio architecture and will include vibrant colors, shaded areas, outdoor patio space, unique door and window frames, and natural wood elements.
The community center will include a large kitchen, community room, two offices, a private conference room, a maintenance room, a large entry courtyard, and a covered back patio for events.
Construction of all units and community amenities is expected to be complete in 2019.
Red Stone Equity Partners is the investor for the development.
- Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association receives second LIHTC award for 40-unit project
- Closing 2016 with three more project closings!
- New community space celebrated at Tohono O’odham Nation
- Serena Jose named Haven Professional of the Year
- Introducing our 2016 Travois Superhero Awards winners: Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association (Part 5 of 5)
- Giving thanks for housing heroes
- Great news for TOKA: $900,000 Capital Magnet Fund award!
- TOKA Homes #2 grand opening a great success
- Cactus relocation 101: TOKA Homes #3
- Native Organization: Tohono O'odham Ki:Ki Association
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2018
- Date Completed: 2019
- Development Type: New Construction
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Homes: 38
- Total Project Cost: $10,130,922
- Total Investor Equity: $8,522,507