The Utah Paiute Tribal Housing Authority (UPTHA) will acquire and rehabilitate 17 units in Cedar City, Utah. Utah Paiute LIHTC Homes #1 will rehabilitate 12 units located on the reservation and five units on scattered sites in Cedar City. The development will include three two-bedroom units, nine three-bedroom units, four four-bedroom units, and one five-bedroom unit.
UPTHA has committed to serve special needs populations in the community. Two homes will be reserved for for homeless individuals and families with 25 percent area median income (AMI). Through a partnership with the Behavioral Care Department of the Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah, these families will have access to helpful services. Two units will also be reserved for persons with disabilities and will be fully ADA compliant.
A number of amenities will be available to each tenant, including: covered parking for each unit, 17 bicycle racks, one raised vegetable garden at each unit, air conditioning, and additional on-site storage.
- Utah Paiute Tribal Housing Authority wins award for first tribal LIHTC development in Utah
- New partners and adventures in Utah
- Great way to end 2017 – Three AHP awards!
- Native Organization: Utah Paiute Tribal Housing Authority
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2018
- Date Completed: 2019
- Development Type: Rehab
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Homes: 17
- Total Project Cost: $2,666,397
- Total Investor Equity: $1,360,195
- Total Grant Money: $475,788