Register today and join me in Las Vegas for a two-day training! The Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS) Inspection Protocol Training is Nov. 8-9, 2016 at Planet Hollywood. This will be your last opportunity in 2016 for this specialized training on maintaining affordable housing.
Why are we worried about inspections for homes developed through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program?
- State allocating agencies will inspect your properties on a minimum three-year cycle, and your LIHTC investor will conduct inspections annually.
- Violations cited during the state inspection could result in the possible recapture of tax credits if the violations are not corrected in the amount of time noted in the report.
The UPCS guidelines are used by state allocating agencies all over the country as the physical inspection guidelines for all federal and state housing projects. It is very important that all housing staff is familiar with these guidelines in order to successfully pass and to ensure your properties remain decent, safe and sanitary.
Who should attend?
- This training is designed for housing authorities/departments that prepare for on-site physical inspections and will benefit staff who are involved in the day-to-day management of rental housing, especially LIHTC housing: executive staff, occupancy specialists, resident services, maintenance and others.
I will be your instructor and we will discuss how the UPCS Protocol affects homes financed with the LIHTCs, how defects are determined, inspectable areas and health and safety categories and life-threatening hazards. You can download the agenda here.
The $225 registration fee will provide each attendee with:
- UPCS Training Manual,
- UPCS Guide,
- Certificate of Completion, and
- Breakfast, snacks and drinks over two days.
A discounted block of rooms has been reserved for training attendees at Planet Hollywood through Monday, Oct. 17. Rooms can be reserved online or by calling 866-919-7472. Be sure to mention “Travois 2016” to receive the discounted room rate of $129/night. The deadline to book a room at the discounted rate is Monday, Oct. 17.
Join me in Las Vegas, and I will help you understand what is inspected and what is needed to pass!