Miami is one of the state’s (and the world’s) most popular vacation spots! The city is diverse with international flair. In April, average temps range from a high of 82 degrees to a low of 67 degrees.
Transportation from MIA and FLL airports
View maps and directions on the Kimpton EPIC website.
From Miami International Airport (MIA)
Miami international Airport (MIA) is the nearest airport — less than 10 miles from our conference venue, the Kimpton EPIC Hotel. Kimpton EPIC ground transportation options from MIA:
- Estimated taxi fare: approximately $30 (one way).
- American Shuttle: $16 per person. Follow signs at airport to “ground transportation.” No reservation needed.
- Limousine service can be arranged in advance through the Kimpton EPIC concierge. Prices start at $125.
- Private shuttle service can be arranged in advance through the Kimpton EPIC concierge. Price varies depending on the number of guests and the amount of luggage. Call 305-424-5226 for reservations and more information.
From Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is also nearby — about 25 miles from our conference venue. Kimpton EPIC ground transportation options from FLL:
- Estimated taxi fare: approximately $90 (one way).
- Go-Shuttle: $23 per person. Follow airport signs to “ground transportation.” No reservation needed.
- Limousine service can be arranged in advance through the Kimpton EPIC concierge. Prices start at $153.
- Private shuttle service can be arranged in advance through the Kimpton EPIC concierge. Price varies depending on the number of guests and amount of luggage. Call 305-424-5226 for reservations and more information.
Getting around Miami
- Uber and Lyft operate in Miami.
- Metromover is a free service that operates seven days a week in the downtown and Brickell area. Major destinations include the American Airlines Arena and Bayside Marketplace.
There is so much to see and do in Miami! We’ve compiled a list of neighborhoods and hotspots to get your planning started.
Downtown Miami is a busy shopping area with cultural and event venues.
Closest restaurants from the Kimpton EPIC:
Zuma – Modern Japanese cuisine with river views
The Capital Grille – Upscale chophouse
Boulud Sud Miami – Mediterranean fare
Cipiani – Luxe Italian eatery with a jet-set scene
Cantina La Veinte – Mexican fare in a splashy waterfront space
CVI.CHE 105 Downtown – Peruvian cuisine in a chic, modern space
NIU Kitchen – Rustic wine bar for Spanish small plates
Soya e Pomodoro – Innovative Italian food and live jazz
Camila’s Restaurants Miami – All-you-can-eat Brazilian meals
The River Seafood Oyster Bar – Sophisticated New American cuisine
Toro Toro Restaurant – Upscale Pan-Latin steakhouse and lounge
Pollo & Jarras – Lively funky Peruvian restaurant
Ristorante Fratelli Milano – Italian specialist with house-made pasta
Truluck’s – Upscale seafood and steak restaurant
Miami Beach is a trend-setting arts and entertainment magnet with incredible museums, restaurants, nightlife and attractions with walkable streets and beaches. The neighborhood boasts a unique collection of Miami Modern (MiMo) buildings and art deco architecture.
Distance from Kimpton EPIC: 6.2 miles
South Beach is known for its critically acclaimed restaurants, irresistible shopping, extravagant clubs, world-class art scene, universe of entertainment options and of course, the miles of sparkling shoreline.
Distance from Kimpton EPIC: 5.6 miles
Little Havana is the colorful center of Hispanic culture in Miami. The area is filled with Latin-inspired cafes, restaurants, venues and markets that give space and a voice to all the different backgrounds that have taken root in the neighborhood.
Distance from Kimpton EPIC: 3.7 miles
Coral Gables is one of South Florida’s oldest cities with canopied streets, historic houses and stately gates and lush parks. Coral Gables has a hip restaurant and bar scene and some of Miami’s most popular happy hours.
Distance from Kimpton EPIC: 7.3 miles
Coconut Grove is located in the middle of Miami, yet completely separate and quaint with a bohemian flair. The Grove offers a warm, laid-back atmosphere with charming boutiques, family-owned shops, galleries, gourmet restaurants, sidewalk cafes and sailboats anchored at the bay.
Distance from Kimpton EPIC: 5.2 miles
Day trip opportunities
Find more attractions on Miami’s visitors site.