Founded in 1995, Travois is a Certified B Corporation®️ focused exclusively on promoting housing and economic development for American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian communities.
- Expertise. Our team members are proficient in the complex programs we work in, and we will help pull some of the weight, so you can meet your community’s needs.
- Finance. We raise capital for affordable housing and economic development through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program and the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program also through impact investors.
- Support. Travois provides the guidance you need to ensure that your development secures financing, manages assets, progresses through each milestone, measures impacts, and meets all regulations and requirements.
We are dedicated to helping clients successfully navigate a complex process — and create homes for families. Please watch a six-minute video below about the four steps that all LIHTC developments share and how our team members are involved at each step.
With Travois, you have a partner who manages your development through its entire lifecycle… and beyond.
- Affordable Housing. We can help you structure your low income housing development based on the unique needs of your constituents. We will work with you to develop the project scope and timeline, secure financing, and progress through each stage of the process.
- Economic Development. We will work with you to secure financing to spur economic development in your community.
- Environmental Services. We offer environmental consulting to meet the needs of your investor and ensure that your project is energy efficient.
- Asset Management & Compliance. We ensure that your investment is safe and secure. We provide trainings and offer solutions for your stakeholders.
- Design. We offer innovative and creative solutions to your housing and economic development design needs, including master planning that establishes the vision and plan for moving forward. Our highly skilled architects will work with you to create energy-efficient and culturally-appropriate designs that meet all the requirements of the financing program.
- Monitor. We support you through every step of the planning and construction process to ensure that your development comes in on budget and on time.