Intellectual Property Information
The Travois name and logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Travois or its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Note that any program, publication, design, product, process, software, technology, information, know-how or idea described in this website may be the subject of other rights, including other intellectual property rights, which are owned by Travois or other interested parties and are not licensed to you hereunder.
This website and the information contained therein is provided by Travois and is intended to provide general information on particular subjects, and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information contained on the Travois.com website is not intended to constitute legal, tax, investment, consulting or other professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that might affect your personal finances or business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND YOUR USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TRAVOIS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TRAVOIS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
Certain links contained on the Travois website lead to resources and information maintained by third parties over whom Travois has no control. Travois makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of, or any other aspect relating to those resources.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TRAVOIS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF TRAVOIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE; (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (iii) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRAVOIS TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE.
The website is controlled and operated by Travois from its office in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, and is not intended to subject Travois to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the State of Missouri. Travois does not represent or warrant that the website or the information contained therein, or any aspect thereof, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with local laws. We may limit the availability of the website to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time in our sole discretion.
Governing Law and Forum
Last Updated: Oct. 15, 2020
- What is in this policy?
- How do you protect my Personal Information?
- What types of Personal Information does Travois collect about me?
- How long will Travois keep my information?
- How does Travois use my Personal Information?
- Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
- When does Travois share my Personal Information with others?
- What are my rights?
- What are my rights as a California resident?
- Does Travois collect information about children?
- How will I find out about changes to this policy?
- How can I contact Travois?
1. What is in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- What Personal Information we might collect about you. “Personal Information” means information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, and online identifiers.
- How we might use that Personal Information;
- When we might use your details to contact you;
- What information of yours we might share with others; and
- Your rights and choices about the Personal Information you give us.
2. How do you protect my Personal Information?
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep Personal Information collected through the Services secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information.
3. What types of Personal Information does Travois collect about me?
- Information That You Give Us: We collect Personal Information directly from you. For example, when you use our online “Contact Us” form, we will ask you for your name, email, the topic/subject of your inquiry, and your question/comment. If you wish, you may also provide us with your organization or company as well as your phone number, city, state, and zip code. The “Contact Us” form also allows you the option to sign up to receive news updates. We may also collect Personal Information from you when you email us, or if you engage us to provide Services on your behalf or on behalf of a third party. In addition, when you register for our conferences through the Services, we will ask you for your business contact information.
- Information We Automatically Collect from You: We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Service:
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar Technologies
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar Technologies
- Analytics: To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
- Log File Information: When you use our Service, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Service), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Service, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Service to help secure the Service by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Service to improve the Service’s function and content.
4. How long will Travois keep my Personal Information?
We only keep your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it.
5. How does Travois use my Personal Information?
In addition to other uses notified to you, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing our services and information about them to you;
- Providing, analyzing, administering, improving, and securing our websites;
- Responding to your requests, complaints, and inquiries;
- Sending information and promotional materials;
- Protecting our rights and property;
- Meeting our legal obligations; and
- For other reasons related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
6. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
We may use your Personal Information to send notifications, promotions, or other information via email or text message (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email or text communication. Please note that certain Service-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Service and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
7. When does Travois share my Personal Information with others?
We will never sell your Personal Information. We do share it with others in these ways:
- With Our Service Providers: We may engage service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Service. For example, we engage third parties to provide analytics services, infrastructure hosting, communicate with you, and provide customer service and payment processing. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do. We may also share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies within the Travois Family.
- If You Register For A Conference: If you register for one of our conferences, we may share your Personal Information with our conference sponsors, co-hosts, business partners, and other registered participants where we have your authorization to do so.
- If There Is A Merger or Acquisition: If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or liquidation), Personal Information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred.
- When We Are Required By Law: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
8. What are my rights?
Depending on where you are resident, you may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Ask us to correct information that is wrong, to delete it, or to request that we only use it for certain purposes; and
- Change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information (i.e., unsubscribing from any marketing emails).
If you would like to access, update or delete Personal Information we have about you, you may submit the request to email@example.com. We will promptly review your request in accordance with applicable law.
If you are a California resident, please see Section 9 below for your rights under California law relating to your Personal Information.
9. What are my rights as a California resident?
The state of California provides its residents with certain rights concerning their Personal Information. This section describes how you may exercise your rights for the Personal Information that we collect.
- Categories of Personal Information Subject to California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers (for example, name, email address, and IP address);
- Geolocation data such as the precise GPS coordinates of a mobile device;
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website (“Usage Information”);
- Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or behavior;
- Electronic, audio, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories; and
- Professional or employment-related information.
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their services and as otherwise described in Section 7, above. Additionally, within the past 12 months, some online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from our Services. This may be a “sale” as broadly defined under the CCPA. Therefore we provide you with right to opt out of this “sale” of Personal Information as described below.
- Your California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, California consumers may exercise the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
|You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
|You may have the right to receive the Personal Information you have previously provided to us.
|You have a right to request to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
|Right to Opt-Out
|You may have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve (12) months we enabled advertisers to collect certain information from the Site, which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising as described in Section 3(B), above.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us to exercise your rights, please use the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another person, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on the other person’s behalf;
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: Provide us with information to verify your identify. For example, provide us (at a minimum) your phone number or email address. If your phone number or email address appears in our records, we may contact you to help confirm that you are making the request. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you provide to us to help verify your identity will only be used for verification.
- Tell Us Where to Send Our Response: Please provide us with an email or mailing address where we can send our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to that email address.
10. Does Travois collect information from children?
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
11. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
12. How can I contact Travois?
Find out more and contact us about your rights.
For any other questions or comments about this policy, please contact us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 816-994-8970
- By mail: 310 W. 19th Terrace Kansas City, MO 64108