Travois Design* is an architectural firm serving American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian communities. Our architectural team works together with our clients to create homes, buildings and amenities that meet community needs and help advance their missions in providing safe, affordable housing and economic opportunity to the populations they serve. Our architecture experience includes new construction and rehabilitation developments of affordable housing, market rate housing, elder housing, student housing, offices, community centers, administrative buildings, recreation facilities, family services centers and more.
- Architectural services
– Preliminary planning, design charettes and programming meetings
– Preliminary plans for LIHTC and other funding applications
– Full, stamped construction documents
– Coordination of bid process, submittal review and draw requests
– Construction consulting and cost estimating services
– Construction monitoring and work-in-place building services
– Housing inspections using Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS)
– Green build consulting
– Capital Needs Assessments (CNAs)
– Plan reviews for LIHTC and building code compliance
- Master planning services
Our integration within the Travois family of companies ensures a smooth process — from master planning, financing, design, construction and finally, through occupancy.
- Design. In the initial planning stages, we help define the program or scope of work for the development, assist in creating a realistic construction budget, analyze the architectural- and construction-related Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) or New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) requirements, and make recommendations for a design strategy that maximizes points in the application. Our team can also provide architectural services for non-tax credit developments.
- Implement. Our Travois team helps bring developments to life in a variety of practical ways. We can prepare Capital Needs Assessments (CNA) of existing housing stock as required for most LIHTC rehabilitation projects. We prepare preliminary plans and design-related documents required for applications and ensure that all commitments are incorporated in the final construction sets. We take the ideas generated during the planning stages and make them real through detailed construction documents.
- Monitor. We continue our involvement through construction to review the quality of work and provide oversight and input as needed. We safeguard the success of the development by always looking out for the best interest of our clients and investors.
- Coordinate. As part of the Travois family of companies, we have a valuable relationship with the rest of the tax credit teams and are able to work as part of a larger development team for a smooth process from start to finish.
*Travois Design is an architectural firm licensed to practice as Travois Design & Construction Services LLC and Travois Architecture PC.