LDF CHA LIHTC #2, developed by Lac du Flambeau Chippewa Housing Authority (CHA), received a 2022 Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) award from the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA).
LDF CHA LIHTC #2 is the housing authority’s second LIHTC project and will build 20 new single-family homes, a community center and park on the Lac du Flambeau Reservation in Wisconsin.
The development consists of two-, three- and four-bedroom homes. The designs for the new homes include: front porches, lap and shingle siding, open floor plans, kitchens with island or peninsula seating and mudrooms with garage or exterior door access to act as an airlock in colder winter months. The two- and three-bedroom design includes vaulted ceilings and the three- and four-bedroom design includes attached garages. Travois Design is the project architect.
The new park will have a playground and the community center will provide community members with a space for social functions and include a full kitchen and an office.
- Native Organization: Lac du Flambeau Chippewa Housing Authority
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2023
- Date Completed:
- Development Type: New Construction
- Project Status: Under Construction
- Total Homes: 20
- Total Project Cost: $12,158,230
- Total Investor Equity: $7,621,239
- Total Grant Money: $750,000