The Pascua Yaqui Tribe was successful in receiving credits from the Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH) in 2011. With these funds, the tribe completed a 56-unit project that included 30 acquisition/rehabilitation units and 26 new construction units targeted to households at or below 40, 50 and 60 percent Area Median Income. Like the units in the tribe’s first LIHTC project, the units in this project are located minutes from numerous amenities, such as the tribal offices, fire and police departments, high school, senior center, and education center.
Travois Design & Construction Services provided a capital needs assessment and construction monitoring.
Alden Capital Partners is the investor for this project.
Watch a time-lapse video of the construction process below.
- Native Organization: Pascua Yaqui Tribe
- Asset Management Client
- Environmental Services Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2011
- Date Completed: 2012
- Development Type: New Contruction/Rehab
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Homes: 56
- Total Project Cost: $10,249,777
- Total Investor Equity: $7,623,243