The Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association received a 2016 allocation in LIHTCs from the Arizona Department of Housing. With these credits, TOKA completed a 40-unit development that rehabilitated 20 units and built 20 new homes on the Tohono O’odham Reservation in Sells, AZ.
Twenty-six of the 40 units are either three-bedroom, four- or five-bedroom homes, which will accommodate larger families. The remaining units are one- or two-bedroom homes.
The new community building that was built through TOKA #1 also provides services to residents of this development. The services include before/after school-programs for children, job training and assistance, computer training and quarterly financial literacy classes. Residents also have access to a nearby playground and basketball court.
The Richman Group is the investor for this project.
- Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association receives second LIHTC award for 40-unit project
- Closing 2016 with three more project closings!
- New community space celebrated at Tohono O’odham Nation
- Serena Jose named Haven Professional of the Year
- Introducing our 2016 Travois Superhero Awards winners: Tohono O’odham Ki:Ki Association (Part 5 of 5)
- Giving thanks for housing heroes
- Great news for TOKA: $900,000 Capital Magnet Fund award!
- TOKA Homes #2 grand opening a great success
- Cactus relocation 101: TOKA Homes #3
- Two Arizona tribal clients win 2018 Brian Mickelsen Housing Hero Awards!
- Native Organization: Tohono O'odham Ki:Ki Association
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2016
- Date Completed:
- Development Type: New Contruction/Rehab
- Project Status: Under Construction
- Total Homes: 40
- Total Project Cost: $9,351,178
- Total Investor Equity: $8,101,558