Travois Design & Construction Services provided the architectural designs and monitored construction for this project.
This project includes energy-efficient, passive-solar designed homes where any side can be the “front,” which allows the solar face to always be directed toward the sun. The design concept, based on the local Pinehurst Lodge historic roundhouse, features locally harvested hand-peeled log columns, wood ceilings, soybean-based spray foam insulation, and Energy Star fixtures and appliances.
Raymond James Tax Credit Funds is the investor for this project.
- Native Organization: White Earth Reservation Housing Authority
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2010
- Date Completed: 2012
- Development Type: New Construction
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Homes: 30
- Total Project Cost: $8,426,334
- Total Investor Equity: $5,668,656
- Total Grant Money: $350,000