Nashville was fun! We really enjoyed our time with each and every one of you at the 16th Annual Travois Conference. As in past years, we like to summarize our week on the blog. New to this year, we’re going to share your comments too — read on!
We started the week on Broadway Street with live music and good company — and a celeb sighting! Who chatted with Peyton Manning?
On Day One of sessions, we started with a hearty breakfast and a wonderful welcome from Wanda Janes, deputy director of United South & Eastern Tribes.
Over lunch we had a fun performance from country singer Luke Bell — complete with a special birthday shoutout to Jean Defoe from Red Cliff Chippewa Housing Authority!
We also had a green screen photo booth with fun props and Nashville background options.
Day Two began again with a great breakfast, and we jumped right into sessions! At lunch time, we honored industry superheroes for the second year in a row, and I must admit, it’s my favorite part of the conference. Congratulations to all of our award winners doing amazing work for their communities! (Be on the lookout for future blogs featuring each winner.)
Throughout our time together in the conference ballroom, we raffled off a few fun gifts, but we really had fun at the closing!
It was a good few days of networking and learning and lots of quality time with you all!
And your reviews couldn’t have said it better — we all had a great week in Nashville!
Here are comments we received from you and your colleagues:
- I enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere.
- This is a great overview of Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
- It was perfect!
- Loved the food — especially the trail mix bar!
- The food was outstanding!
- I loved Nashville!
- I like that the conference felt more personal.
- Awesome food!
- Location and venue were excellent!
- The sessions were very informative. The speakers are very knowledgeable.
- This was my first time attending — I got a lot out of it!
- Very good food — was very pleased with the variety!
- I really enjoyed myself!
- The musical entertainment was outstanding!
- Speakers were excellent!
- This was a very informative and well-organized conference.
- Food was excellent!
- Speakers and panelist covered the subjects so well.
- Great conference!
- Food was amazing!
- Every session was great.
- All of you are wonderful and compassionate about what you do — thanks!
- The conference was a great experience!
- The sessions were extremely informative. I learned more about LIHTC than from other trainings.
- Food was great — especially the omelet bar!
- I really enjoyed the conference and learned so much about LIHTC.
- The Travois speakers all have great knowledge and experience. They really know what they’re talking about!
- Thank you for your time and expertise.
- Your team is always very helpful — would be lost without your help!
We know how difficult it is to put your important work aside for a few days for the conference, but we’re so happy you did! All of these smiles confirm the above comments.
You can also find these photos (and more) on our Facebook page — feel free to tag yourself so they show up on your profile.