With a specific focus on the American heartland and Indigenous communities, Impact Investing Day: Building an ecosystem of responsible capital and a future of regenerative economies is for investors, philanthropists and changemakers to learn about and influence how capital is utilized for financial, social and environmental returns.
By building awareness and understanding of the practice of impact investing, it is our goal to strengthen the ecosystem of responsible, purposeful capital in this region and in Indian Country and to support the creation of a fully regenerative economy. We are creating a space for investors and social entrepreneurs from diverse sectors to learn, connect and discuss the future of investing.
Travois is hosting the one-day event Wednesday, May 1 in Kansas City to support greater attention and sustainable investing in American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian communities. We are partnering with Alt Cap, a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that exists to increase the flow of capital to communities and businesses not adequately served by mainstream financial institutions.
Travois will host an opening reception focused on water protection and ending the global water crisis the evening before at our headquarters. Register here for the reception, which will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 30.
Guest speakers for May 1 include:
- Morgan Simon – Candide Group, impact investor and author of “Real Impact: The New Economics of Social Change;”
- Mark Beam – Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation;
- Chrystel Cornelius – First Nations Oweesta Corporation;
- Guillaume Mascotto – American Century Investments;
- Travois New Markets board: Little Fawn Boland – Ceiba Legal, and Lance Morgan – Ho-Chunk Inc.
- and others on how to align values and investment and how to build a collaborative impact investing ecosystem.
Impact Investing Day is educational and underwritten by our sponsors. Please view the full agenda on the Impact Investing Day website.
Interested in joining us May 1 in Kansas City?
If you are interested in attending, please visit the Impact Investing Day website, fill out the inquiry form and a representative will be in touch. There is no cost to register; however, we have limited seats for our program.