Travois Asset Management periodically hosts Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) Inspection trainings. We held three trainings in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016, three in 2017 and are offering more in 2018.
UPCS trainings are led by Mike Price, director of Travois Asset Management. These courses benefit those employed in the following housing fields: executive staff, occupancy specialists, resident services, maintenance and any other staff involved in the day-today management of rental housing projects, especially those working with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
The class covers the use and implementation of UPCS inspection protocols. Participants will learn property profile and building information entry, defect determination, health and safety categories and life-threatening hazards.
The UPCS guidelines are used by state housing agencies all over the country as the physical inspection guidelines for all federal and state housing projects. It is very important that housing staff knows these guidelines and how they are used in order to successfully pass state housing on-site physical compliance inspections.
Information will be provided concerning how the use of data can generate reports such as work orders, maintenance trends, inspection improvement plans and capital planning. Realistic and economic suggestions and recommendations will help participants meet UPCS requirements.
Each attendee will receive:
- UPCS Training Manual
- UPCS Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- Breakfast, snacks and refreshments each day
Our next training will be held:
Tuesday, March 13-Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Ameristar Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
3200 North Ameristar Drive
Kansas City, Missouri 64161
Registration fee: $225/person (includes all materials, breakfast, snacks and refreshments over two days). You will receive an invoice by email with the subject line “UPCS invoice from Travois” for your selected method of payment.
Registration is now open through Tuesday, March 6!
View the syllabus here.
Hotel reservation information:
- The Ameristar Kansas City discounted room rate is available through Monday, Feb. 19.
- To inquire about room availability:
- Call the reservation line at 816-414-7000 and mention “SCTRAVO.”
- Or, use the Ameristar Kansas City online reservation system with the group code “SCTRAVO.”
- The hotel offers complimentary wireless internet in the guest rooms and provides complimentary valet parking.
- Contact Rachael Rider at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-201-5763.