Travois Asset Management periodically hosts Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) Inspection trainings. We held three trainings in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016 and are offering more in 2017.
UPCS trainings are led by Mike Price, director of Travois Asset Management. These courses benefit those employed in the following housing fields: executive staff, occupancy specialists, resident services, maintenance and any other staff involved in the day-today management of rental housing projects, especially those working with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
The class covers the use and implementation of UPCS inspection protocols. Participants will learn property profile and building information entry, defect determination, health and safety categories and life-threatening hazards.
The UPCS guidelines are used by state housing agencies all over the country as the physical inspection guidelines for all federal and state housing projects. It is very important that housing staff knows these guidelines and how they are used in order to successfully pass state housing on-site physical compliance inspections.
Information will be provided concerning how the use of data can generate reports such as work orders, maintenance trends, inspection improvement plans and capital planning. Realistic and economic suggestions and recommendations will help participants meet UPCS requirements.
Each attendee will receive:
- UPCS Training Manual
- UPCS Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- Break refreshments
Our next training will be held:
Tuesday, Nov. 7-Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017
Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale, AZ
6850 East Main Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Registration fee: $225/person (includes all materials, breakfast, snacks and refreshments over two days)
Registration is now open!
Return form and payment (Make checks payable to Travois Asset Management) by Monday, Oct. 23 to:
Travois Asset Management
Attn: Rachael Rider
310 W. 19th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64108
Hotel reservation information:
- The Hotel Valley Ho is offering a discounted room rate of $219/night for both single and double occupancy. The discounted group rate deadline is Friday, Oct. 13.
- To reserve a discounted room:
- Call the reservation line at 480-376-2600 and mention “Travois 2017.”
- Or, use the Hotel Valley Ho online reservation system with the group code “TRAVOIS2017.”
- A one-time, per reservation round-trip bellman gratuity of $10 and a nightly, per-room housekeeping gratuity of $3 will be applied to each reservation. The hotel has two pools and hot tubs, guest parking for $18/night and provides complimentary internet.
- Contact Rachael Rider at email@example.com or 816-994-8970.