Travois Asset Management periodically hosts Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) Inspection trainings. We held three trainings in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016 and are offering more in 2017.
UPCS trainings are led by Mike Price, director of Travois Asset Management. These courses benefit those employed in the following housing fields: executive staff, occupancy specialists, resident services, maintenance and any other staff involved in the day-today management of rental housing projects, especially those working with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
The class covers the use and implementation of UPCS inspection protocols. Participants will learn property profile and building information entry, defect determination, health and safety categories and life-threatening hazards.
The UPCS guidelines are used by state housing agencies all over the country as the physical inspection guidelines for all federal and state housing projects. It is very important that housing staff knows these guidelines and how they are used in order to successfully pass state housing on-site physical compliance inspections.
Information will be provided concerning how the use of data can generate reports such as work orders, maintenance trends, inspection improvement plans and capital planning. Realistic and economic suggestions and recommendations will help participants meet UPCS requirements.
Each attendee will receive:
- UPCS Training Manual
- UPCS Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- Break refreshments
Our next training will be held:
Tuesday, July 18-Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City International Airport in Kansas City, MO
7640 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64153
Registration fee: $225/person (includes all materials, lunch, snacks and refreshments over two days)
Registration is now open!
Return form and payment (Make checks payable to Travois Asset Management) by Monday, July 3 to:
Travois Asset Management
Attn: Katie Dosenbach
310 W. 19th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64108
Hotel reservation information:
- Discounted hotel rooms are available through the Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City International Airport.
- The room rate is $149/night for single or $159/night for double occupancy. The discounted group rate deadline has been extended to Friday, June 30.
- Call the reservation line at 816-891-7788. Mention “Training for Travois.” Or, use the Embassy Suites by Hilton online reservation system.
- The hotel offers an airport shuttle that runs between 5 a.m. and midnight, provides complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast each morning and hosts a complimentary reception with drinks and appetizers each night.
- Contact Katie Dosenbach at email@example.com or 816-994-8970.