I’m so happy to share that Travois Design was presented the Outstanding Design & Planning Award for our architectural design of the Pueblo of Acoma’s Cedar Hills development at the Construction in Indian Country Inaugural Outstanding Achievement Awards Banquet.
We attended the banquet earlier this month and were thrilled to share the excitement with Floyd Tortalita, executive director of the Pueblo of Acoma Housing Authority (PAHA).
It was a wonderful experience collaborating with PAHA! This development was intended to reflect the Pueblo of Acoma’s original dwellings built over 1,000 years ago. Our team was able to bring the tribe’s vision to life by preserving the architectural history associated with the original pueblos and modernizing that idea. The mix of the old and new came together to create a modern community-driven development – and an award-winning design!
This is the third award for the development! Cedar Hills also received the award for excellence in Rural Housing at the 24th Annual Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Awards and a 2017 Best Practice Award for outstanding achievement in housing in New Mexico at the New Mexico Infrastructure Finance Conference.
I’m very proud of my team for their ability to understand our client’s goals and creativity put those goals into action. And thank you, PAHA, for the chance to work on such a great development!
- PAHA wins most distinguished award in LIHTC industry!
- Francisco Carr and Melanie Keams named Pillar Professionals of the Year
- Celebrating achievements: PAHA LIHTC Homes #1 ribbon-cutting
- Pueblo of Acoma Housing Authority recognized for outstanding achievement, wins housing award
- PAHA: From planning to closing
- Q&A: Executive Director Floyd Tortalita shares LIHTC development experience
- Groundbreaking for Pueblo of Acoma!
- Pueblo of Acoma Housing Authority adding new homes near North America’s oldest continually inhabited community
- Spotlight on 2017 Travois Superhero Awards winners: Floyd Tortalita (Part 3 of 5)