The center will help address the economic stability and prosperity of the Native Hawaiian community on the island of Hawaii. This 13,671-square-foot building includes:
- three workforce development classrooms
- a business incubator
- office space
- a certified commercial kitchen
- and community gathering space.
The center offers professional training for certified nursing assistants, financial literacy counseling, yoga classes and Maritime Foundation pre-sea classes.
Travois consulted with L2020 and two community development entities: Chickasaw Nation Community Development Endeavor and Valued Growth Associates.
CNCDE provided $5 million in NMTC allocation.
- Native Organization: La’i’ Ōpua 2020
- Date Closed with Investor: 2017
- Date Completed: 2018
- Development Type: Community Center
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Investor Equity: $2,700,000
- Total Project Cost: $8,000,000