In early 2010, the Santa Clara Development Corporation (SCDC) had to reach out to the Pueblo of Santa Clara. The economic downturn had decreased its bank’s willingness to extend the capital required to complete the Santa Claran Hotel.
The pueblo agreed to provide bridge financing if SCDC promised to secure affordable take-out financing to reimburse the pueblo as soon as possible. Travois partenered with Indion Ventures to provide $17.5 million in NMTC financing in late 2010 and allowed SCDC to finish construction and repay the Pueblo.
- Elijah Baca Economic Development Professional of the Year
- Spring is here: Native Nations Events and upcoming industry conferences
- Native Organization: Santa Clara Pueblo
- Date Closed with Investor: 2010
- Date Completed: 2011
- Development Type: Business
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Investor Equity: $4,436,250
- Total Project Cost: $29,360,651