LDF CHA LIHTC #1, developed by Lac du Flambeau Chippewa Housing Authority (CHA), received a 2022 Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) award from the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA).
LDF CHA LIHTC #1 is the housing authority’s first LIHTC project and will rehabilitate 24 single-family homes on the Lac du Flambeau Reservation in Wisconsin.
The development will rehabilitate 15 ranch homes and nine split-level homes. The existing three-bedroom homes will be updated to four-bedrooms and include an additional bathroom.
Travois Design is the project architect and has incorporated several green building techniques in the rehabilitation scope to help lower energy use and costs. Each home will receive new energy-efficient windows and doors, increased wall and attic insulation and high-efficiency HVAC systems.
- Native Organization: Lac du Flambeau Chippewa Housing Authority
- Asset Management Client
- Design and Construction Features
- Date Closed with Investor: 2023
- Date Completed:
- Development Type: Rehab
- Project Status: Under Construction
- Total Homes: 24
- Total Project Cost: $12,454,171
- Total Investor Equity: $7,372,295