The 18th Annual Travois Indian Country Affordable Housing & Economic Development Conference concluded yesterday in Marina del Rey, California. Our three-day event was filled with educational sessions, networking and beautiful weather. Here are some of the highlights:
- We sailed around the tranquil waters of Marina del Rey. During the welcome reception, attendees mingled, snacked and watched a beautiful SoCal sunset.
- We wore flowers! To get in the Cali spirit, we decked everyone out in flowers – crowns and boutonnieres!
- We started our days eating breakfast on the hotel helipad with awesome views of the bay and the beach!
- We were dazzled by Magician Tam Vo!
- We had photo booth fun.
- We honored industry professionals at our Superhero Luncheon (stay tuned for awardee profiles!)
- We shared meals together and many laughs!
- We learned from the best. Experienced tribal developers and project partners shared their expertise during sessions. Our schedule combines instruction, client case studies, panel discussions and hands-on activities.
It was a wonderful conference and we had such a great time with all who attended. We’ll share details of our 2019 dates and location soon – stay tuned!