The development provided New Markets Tax Credit financing for four buildings owned by the Karuk Tribe in the towns of Yreka, CA, and Happy Camp, CA.
The Karuk Tribe opened a new 4,800-square-foot Family Services Center in Happy Camp. The center houses many tribal programs including cash aid, behavioral and substance abuse counseling, job training and employment assistance, and Indian Child Welfare and social services.
Additionally, the tribe constructed a 11,400-square-foot Resident Services Center, also in Happy Camp, that houses a full-service gymnasium/community center with separate exercise and locker rooms.
Finally, the Karuk Tribe used the financing to rehabilitate a medical and dental clinic in Yreka, improving traffic flow and parking as well as repairing the leaking roof and updating the HVAC system.
- Karuk Tribe Housing Authority opens Happy Camp Wellness Center
- It’s official: Karuk Family Services Center opens after red ribbon is cut!
- New Karuk Family Services Center breaking ground soon!
- Meeting happy residents and seeing beautiful homes: Karuk Homes #1
- In the news: High Country News covers housing in Indian Country
- Karuk tenant handbook: Important tips for home maintenance
- Grand opening at Karuk!
- Celebrating new homes in the rain
- Well-deserved recognition
- The Karuk Tribe will build 30 new homes with LIHTC award
- Native Organization: Karuk Tribe
- Date Closed with Investor: 2018
- Date Completed: 2018
- Development Type: Health Care
- Project Status: Complete
- Total Investor Equity: $1,855,100
- Total Project Cost: $6,800,000