With 14 chili entries and a smorgasbord of sides to enjoy, lunch was a salty and sweet event for Travoisians at our annual chili cook-off last week!
Are cinnamon rolls an appropriate side dish to chili? There was a hot debate around that idea. What do you think? Share your thoughts below in the comments section.
After the votes were tallied, here are our 2017 chili cook-off champs:
- Grand Champion – Kellie Burke and Mike Price
- Best Traditional – Katie Dosenbach
- Most Original – Ashley Bland
- Five Alarm – Katie Dosenbach
- Best Name – Mike Price
Side dish winners
- Best Overall – Lauren DuCharme
- Best Traditional – Taylor Higgins
- Most Original – Eva Kathleen Schulte
- Best Name – Lauren DuCharme
This year, Kellie (for the second time in a row) and Mike shared the golden crockpot trophy. Congrats, Mike and Kellie! The chili was so good, we couldn’t decide – So it had to be a tie!